Many people aren’t sure whether they should keep neon signs on all the time or turn off the lights periodically.
The lifespan of neon LED signs ranges from between 8 and 15 years, according to. This brings me to the question that has been recurring Do I need to keep my neon sign up or should I take it down? Experts suggest keeping your neon sign up. Here are a few reasons why neon signs should remain on.
Neon LED lights do not consume much energy:
I’m sure that many of you are worried about the expense of neon signage. While neon signs are extremely efficient, they consume the equivalent of between 60 and 100 watts. The cost is a small amount so you can be sure that neon signs will not cost you a fortune if they are they are left on. !
It may appear contradictory, but having neon signs on display all day long can make it last longer
It was something I couldn’t believe at first. However, science is an interesting aspect. It was evident that unplugging and plugging neon signs could wear out the transformer quicker and reduce its life span. I did some research and discovered it was much more beneficial to leave it on.
Neon LED signs may be used safely:
Many people believe that neon signs could cause an explosion, cause a fire or release hazardous gases. But, this is simply incorrect. Neon LED signs are completely secure. LED signs aren’t breakable and won’t get hot like conventional neon signs. The silicon strip that makes the led strip is suitable for children. Many people also believe that neon signs are hazardous due to their low voltage.
Neon LED signs do not make any noise:
Neon-colored signs could be annoying or cause you to feel uncomfortable.
Neon LED signs may be attracted by:
You may be thinking, “What if I’m out and my kids touch it? That’s risky!” But, here is the fact: touching neon signs does not cause any harm and they are without fear.
Popular questions about neon signs:
There are many opinions on neon signs. They also get unclear answers. This is why I’m here today to address the most frequently asked question about neon signs and their safety.
1. How long will the LED neon signs last?
They tend to live for between 8 and 15 years when they are running continuously. Some die before this, but that’s the typical lifespan. The adapter is typically what is causing problems, however, they can be replaced.
2. What can you do to care for the neon LED sign?
Led signs are simple to maintain and are also environmentally green.
3. What causes neon LED signs to get dim with time?
Many people believe that neon lights fade and dim due to them being too frequently used or left for a long period. There are many reasons why neon lights dim. The good thing is that it’s not an issue and is easily fixable. The reasons why neon lights fade:
- The power supply is low: The voltage source might not be enough to illuminate the neon lamp. This could explain why the neon light appears dim or flashing.
- Wires that are damaged: Since wires are easily broken the neon light will begin to dim. In this case, it is just a matter of locating the damaged wire, fixing it, and then your neon will be shining again.
- An unsound transformer could cause a variety of issues. To prevent this from happening ensure that you purchase the right transformer to generate the voltage your neon sign needs.
4. What is the cost of an LED neon display that’s visible all day long cost?
It’s not expensive to keep your neon sign on for 24 hours, and it’ll cost you around 20 cents per day. This is less than the 75-watt light.